All acrylic fabrics have been treated either with Teflon or fabric protecting Scotchgard. This creates a barrier between the fabric and the elements. It strengthens the resistance to water and maintains a newer aspect longer.
The greater advantage of acrylic fabric is that it provides a high level of protection against ultraviolet rays. It disperses, absorbs and reflects the UV rays, thus preventing them from streaming through the fabric. The protection factor against UV is progressively higher or lower depending on the color of the fabric (the darker the fabric, the higher the UV factor).
- Outstanding resistance to pollution, light, and atmospheric conditions and weather.
- Does not support the growth of mold, and is impervious to molds.
- highly breathable and waterproof.
- Maximum resistance to tear due to stretching.
- Easy to clean, requires only mild soap and water.